I’m starting a new page to put in our links for things that are NOT true. This means that either there is NO PROOF, NO SOURCE or ITS DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED IN CANON.
if there is something you’d like to ask about or add to the page please send us a message =]
everytime this is updated I will reblog it again.
Click read more to see more information and sources for these points:
- The snake Harry freed in philosophers stone turns out to be Nagini [FALSE]
- Voldemort cannot/could not love because he was conceived under a love potion [FALSE]
- Lily was pregnant with a second child the night she died and had talked James into reconciling with Snape so he could be the godfather. [SUPER FALSE]
- Lavender Brown died/became a werewolf [yes, no, maybe so]
- Jo Rowling is a Hufflepuff. [FALSE]
- Snape hated Neville because he could have been the chosen one instead of Harry thereby possibly sparing Lily’s life. [Not Fact, but a matter of opinion]
- “When I’m 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I’ll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, “After all this time?” And I will say, “Always.” [FALSE; NEVER SAID]
- ”If you don’t like to read you haven’t found the right book” [FALSE; NEVER SAID]
- Jo Rowling had creative control over every script and approved all changes so stop complaining about them. [FALSE]
- Philosophers Stone was published in 1998, the year that the war ended in the Deathly Hallows [FALSE]
- The baby who played Harry in Philosopher’s Stone is the boy who played Albus Severus in the epilogue!! [FALSE]
- DanRad was drunk for the entire filmings of HBP and onward. [FALSE]
- JKR met Evanna Lynch at a book signing and said that if Evanna Lynch beat anorexia, she could have the role of Luna. [FALSE]
- The snake Harry freed in philosophers stone turns out to be Nagini
- Voldemort cannot/could not love because he was conceived under a love potion
wrong. Jo Rowling herself contradicted this when asked about Voldemort in an interview. She said "It was a symbolic way of showing that he came from a loveless union – but of course, everything would have changed if Merope had survived and raised him herself and loved him." This tells us that he was and would have been capable of love and kindness and being a good guy, if he hadn’t had the bad luck of being orphaned and shown no love. The love potion was only symbolic.
- Lily was pregnant with a second child the night she died and had talked James into reconciling with Snape so he could be the godfather.
So false I can’t even. This is pure fanon, or head canon if you’d rather, someone made it up and it’s something that they like to believe. It in no way holds any truth at all to the series.
- Lavender Brown died/became a werewolf
Yes, no, we don’t know. In the film universe Lavender Brown definitely died. If her scene wasn’t enough to prove it to you it’s confirmed she died in the Film to Screen book.
In the canon books however all we know is this:
Two bodies fell from the balcony overhead, as they reached the ground a grey blur that Harry took for an animal sped four-legged across the hall to sink its teeth into one of the fallen. “NO!” shrieked Hermione, and with a deafening blast from her wand, Fenrir Greyback was thrown backward from the feebly stirring body of Lavender Brown. He hit the marble banisters and struggled to return to his feet. Then, with a bright white flash and a crack, a crystal ball fell on top of his head, and he crumpled to the ground and did not move.
It is ambiguous to all assumptions. Lavender could have been stirring feebly after such a fall, not after an attack. Hermione could have succeeded in flinging Greyback away before he got close enough to Lavender to bite her. And so this is why people often argue and debate about Lavender Brown.
She could have died, but she could have lived just as easily. She could have been bitten and been infected with the werewolf virus, but she could have also been spared of it because Hermione and Trelawney acted against Greyback in time. If you want to believe that because it’s in the film it means it’s what happened in the book then by all means! Its your opinion, but don’t use Jo being a producer on the last film to back your argument. It does not mean she oversaw the script and approved all the changes. She pretty much gave Heyman the go ahead to do what he wanted (i.e. Luna and Neville), her producing role was mainly being involved with the cast and supplying the film with money for production costs.
- Jo Rowling is a Hufflepuff.
Sorry fellow Huffles, but she is not. She is most definitely a gryffindor. “Second time I went on the internet someone had set up an unofficial fan site where you can be sorted, they have a Sorting Hat, and I was Hufflepuff. I wasn’t that pleased! If anyone’s meant to be Gryffindor, it’s me.”
- Snape hated Neville because he could have been the chosen one instead of Harry thereby possibly sparing Lily’s life.
Assumption. It’s perfectly alright to assume this if thats how you feel Snape works, but please don’t try to pass it off as fact. There was never anything said one way or the other, he generally dislikes ALL gryffindors for no reason and seeing as he tends to have no tolerance for incompetence it could’ve just as easily have been that, so people that disagree with this aren’t wrong to do so.
- “When I’m 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I’ll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, “After all this time?” And I will say, “Always.”
Alan Rickman some random person on tumblr. You see, tumblr has this bad habit of not fact checking. They just believe whatever lies someone spreads. Alan Rickman never said this.
- ”If you don’t like to read you haven’t found the right book”
- Jo Rowling had creative control over every script and approved all changes so stop complaining about them.
- educated the actors with things they would need to know about their characters.
- make sure nothing important to the major storyline was left out or changed. (sadly most of the changes in the characters weren’t deemed ‘important’ and thus kloves has complete control of that aspect so as to make it fit with the way they wanted the story to go)
- answer any questions Kloves or the production team asked in regards to something they were doing.
Steve: I think the thing…What’s always been great about Jo is that, from the beginning she gave me tremendous elbow room, but when you’re in the middle of a series like this it’s important that I talk to Jo along the way and ask her, beyond advice, just simple advice, and certain sequences and things, but just, ,”Am I on the right path?” and Jo’s always been good about, in that, she’s maddening in the sense that she will not tell me what’s going to happen but she will tell me if I’m going down the wrong path…
- Philosophers Stone was published in 1998, the year that the war ended in the Deathly Hallows
- The baby who played Harry in Philosopher’s Stone is the boy who played Albus Severus in the epilogue!!
- DanRad was drunk for the entire filmings of HBP and onward.
This isn’t so much a rumour as it is an annoying exaggeration. Daniel had an alcohol problem but he shared it with the world, you can find all the information with a quick google search. Emma and Rupert were both asked about it and said they never even noticed, that he remained professional the entire time. He NEVER drank while on set, or during the day but he did say he came into work drunk a few times after drinking heavily the night prior. How you feel about it is up to you, but he did realise his problem and he did address it and he has been sober now for two years. There are several scenes where he says he can point out he’s drunk but it’s not in the funny way like his acting under Felix Felicis, hes said it dampened his ability and made him ‘dead behind the eyes’.
- JKR met Evanna Lynch at a book signing and said that if she beat anorexia, she could have the role of Luna